S106 Management is a multidisciplinary consultancy with a long history of success, providing applicants and local authorities with planning and development expertise, particularly specialising in planning strategy, economics and law.
Due to continued strong expansion of our business and unprecedented demand over the last year, we are now looking for experienced professionals to join our team. Multiple roles are available for town planning, surveying, legal and housing specialisms.
S106 Management provide an expert end-to-end service, from acquisition through to implementation.
We advise on:
· Financial viability appraisals, affordable housing and planning obligations – including specialist heritage enabling development and 100% affordable housing delivery.
· Site feasibility, acquisitions and development plan calls for sites.
· Scheme optimisation and design pre-submission.
· Planning applications and appeals.
· S106 agreements and unilateral undertakings.
· Negotiations between local authorities, applicants and registered providers.
What are we looking for?
We want ambitious self-starters with enough professional experience to add value to our team, with a proactive approach to their profession. Creative problem solvers and strategic thinkers with a solid understanding of the planning system and how applicants and local authorities operate.
· An entrepreneurial mindset (you may be considering starting your own business but would prefer less risk).
· An appropriate professional qualification or be working towards (RICS – RTPI – Solicitor – Barrister - CIH or similar).
· At least 2 years post qualification experience.
· A strong interest in property, planning law and/or associated economics.
· Have excellent knowledge of and a genuine interest in the planning system and be able to apply this on a practical and commercial level.
· Have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
· Be comfortable in a client-facing/negotiator role.
· Experience of planning, viability and/or affordable housing delivery.
· Experience advising on, submitting and running applications/appeals and appearing at hearings.
· Ability to analyse complex situations and provide reasoned, practical advice.
· Knowledge of contemporary planning case law.
· Familiarity with drafting and negotiating S106 agreements, unilateral undertakings and early/late-stage review mechanisms.
· A base line understanding of property valuations.
Full training and professional support provided as required.
A creative, business-oriented mindset and proactive approach is more important to us than a tick box mentality.
Location :South West + remote working (to suit the individual).
Application Deadline: Open/ongoing (hire asap).
Compensation: Attractive basic salary, profit related bonus and benefits to suit applicant profile (we believe in rewarding people proportionately to their business input, so everyone shares in company success).
Working Arrangement: Flexible, part-time and full-time available (part-time pro-rata). For planning related roles, site visits occasionally required.